Thursday, May 14, 2015

Ichiran Ramen, Hongkong.

I wouldn't say I am in a relationship with ramen. But, I love my noodles. This ramen joint, new found love, calls for an entry.


It is relocated at Causeway Bay and it's a 24hour joint! Definitely visit it off peak, otherwise, queue is mandatory. Even with queuing, I still find it worth it. Also, I like the way they managed the queue, partly computerized, but not losing the human touch. Very effective.


Once you are ushered to your cubicle, you will not see the waitress again. You will slip your order through the opening above. Then, the ramen will be delivered and the curtain will be drawn down. Their argument is that, this way. You are able to focus solely on your ramen. Minimum distraction. Lame as it sounds, I find it quite true after my first experience.


Yellow and I been are new converts. We always prefer the tonkotsu ramen. This is the best so far. Soup no doubt is good. But what won me over is the noodles. Very the al dente. Be sure to select the firm version. Apart from firmness, at Ichiran, you are able to customize the oiliness of your broth, garlic dosage, type/cut of onions etc.

真的!This is a must try when you are in HK next. Or TKY la, of course.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad