Saturday, December 13, 2008

That Napoleon Dude


Today's Daily Bread (",)

Yesterday, I saw M in HVM. She look the same, and ya, still with the same hairstyle. Wasn't able to pluck up my courage to walk up and say hi. O well. Laugh all you want! Anyway, I remember M did a complication of motivational quotes for the whole baddy team. One of my fav was:

Victory belongs to the most persevering - Napoleon.

My dad used to tell me how great a man this Napoleon dude is. Hence it became my memorized quote at once. But it became my fav because... I once lost a match. Started crying once I sat in my bus coach. So obviously, my eyes were all red when I reached home. When my mum asked me why: I said, I persevered even at the very end of 2nd game but why match victory belonged to HER!

Mum said Napoleon's quote should be applied now. Persevering and the victory belongs to you. That weekend, Mum told me to take a break from training and brought me to Funworld Parkway and Pizza Hut. I felt so much better after the day out :)

After the day out, shak-ED it OFF! Trained damn hard in 1997. Was really disappointed when I didn't get to face HER in 97. I wanted revenge. But I won my match in 97 though. It is that moment, that I know Napoleon wasn't that big a liar. What he said did make sense. The importance of not giving up, preserve and achieving victory.

Now that I am blogging. I realised another angle. Knowing the importance of not giving up and preserving in itself is a victory. That makes my mum proud of me. :)

"So. Whenever I lost a match. I will take break, don't be too hard on myself. Reward myself. shak-ED it OFF. Then comes the persevering.Ultimately, comes the unbeatable cocky girl single!!!! Haha. And most importantly, I know that, no matter what, I am the best girl single who my mum is proud of. That fact, truly set me in the right mindset for any fight. "