Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Yen weakness continued..@ Teshima Museum

Took me around 45mins ride to reach this museum. You will know you are reaching when you see a turn. With the ocean right in front of you. Some rice terrace as well.


From what I read:
-it is work of Rei Naito
-idea is to act in harmony with the environment
-museum echo the shape of a water drop
-fusion of art, environment and architecture


Here, you are looking at the main site of the museum. Would assume people spend hours lying there, at peace. Taking your time to feel the air, h2o and light..


Could be silly to some. But treat to others. Individual preferences, no right or wrong. For me, I like how they manage to blend in these museums into the islands. Doesn't look out of place. And I heard, minimum damage is done to the forestry, villagers' daily lives.. I mean, these architecture really kick MY! arse.


Erm lastly, thanks to the buddy who spend ridiculous amount on admission fees.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad