Friday, January 29, 2016

My 24Hrs in Penang.

Extended 1 day to do MY STUFF. I tried following the street art leaflet for 30mins. Really, it is everything you will see in tripadvisor. Kids on bicycle. On swings etc... I didn't like 1) the physical pcs like bikes and swings, what is it really?!! 2) exact locations are pinned and you do not have any element of surprises...


So. I sidetrack. Google the urban Xchange. Since 2014, group of international artists did annual event in Penang. I remembered it being decent..So, here you go. Nagor area, is the place I went. Something different from the usual, if you are following me..


Scorching sun. Followed by seasonal rain. I will not try to bluff, it is not pleasant. But these art. Grows on me. Is my mental food.


So, it doesn't dampen my mood. I am determined to find this. It took me awhile(in the rain) to find her...I hope, with the below picture, makes it easier for you..


Art is personal. I like it best. When you blend the specifics of the wall, to your art. Above is by an Australian artist. RONE. One who blend the decay with beauty. There's plenty around, but I am showing my favorites.


I am excited when I saw this....I nearly gave up!! Called for a selfie.


Then, I headed to Jalan Selamat. It is 5mins walk from Nagor. I came yesterday with some Malaysians. This is the best Char Kway Teoy in town, but it does not come cheap. 10 ringgit. Hence a lot of locals are boycotting this place. Still, Uncle E likes it best here, they are still using a charcoal stove. Impressive isn't. As I am close by, I came for a second plate, before I leave Penang. What I like: the wok taste, spicy and the kway is just the way I like, dry but not too oily. Remember, it's called cafe Heng Huat. FYI, I asked them about the best Assam laksa. So, it is in a wet market... Rich, flavorful, going for 3ringgit. But the environment, is C minus. So, I didn't bother to ask the address..


Next. Back to the tourist area.I need my daily fix. Went to Sleeping Victoria. Decent cup, but wasn't the champion baristas kind definitely. Still no doubt good service and environment...Heard about ALLEY. But, I can't be bothered to hunt.


Ended. With some takeaway. Mobile Lok lok stall. I would have enjoyed it @ site, if I wasn't caught in the rain and such.


Time. For Australian Open. Murray winning....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad