Friday, May 3, 2013

Home Cooked Meal In BKK

 Ting and I are talking about her homecooked bd meal for Victor which got the below started. She called it a loser recipe. Because, it can never really go wrong:) Ingredients pictured above. To me, cooking is all about right sequences and proportion. So, below is my revised after my first try.
 This dish is called 一锅煮.
1)Stir fry 虾米 and shallots till shallots golden brown. 8 shallots - 2 cup rice.
2)Add in white cabbage and Chinese mushroom.
3)Season with oyster sauce, pepper and sesame oil
4) When the above is cooked, pour into rice cooker with 2 cup rice.
* meat is optional. If yes, add at this stage.
5)As there will be water from the veg, minus 30 pct water from usual amt used to cook rice.
This one, is my recent new found love. Love PQ for her eatery recommendations. 菜脯 bitter gourd omelet.
1) Slice bitter gourd, boil till cooked. Pinch salt.
2) Beaten egg, 1 sachet sugar, pepper and add the cooked bitters
3) After washing 菜脯, stir fry in wok till dry.
4) Add oil to wok, return the egg mixture.
5) Serve with coriander.
 Actually, I dont think it tasted fantastic(AT ALL). But nevertheless, Sien did have 2 bowls of rice. 很给面子. 谢谢! Sauce wise, I am particular. Try chopped garlic, chili padi, lemon juice and light soy. Bi now!