Sunday, April 12, 2015

I am graffiti-ied in Brooklyn.

Yanfang and I were having our daily dose of Greek yoghurt n berries. She observed how I prepared mine and commented.. " you are visual...


Yes. I am. I appreciate looking at beautiful things. And to me, graffiti. 是美的! Today, I must have breached my graffiti limit. Found way too many. Below are all my shoots. I am proud.


Anyway, little airtime for graffiti education. And I insist! There are different type of graffiti. Below is "tags". To me, is just wording.


Seems to be, a lot of artists are into this.. You tends to see a lot of those. Least of my favorite. But again, if you managed to make good use of the surrounding to complement it. I.e, emergency staircase tags below, it works!


Next. Murals. Usually used to tell a story or make a sentence. Personally find it more meaningful than tags. Art should be a channel artist used. To voice out and influence. I like this better than tags. Also, Murals are becoming popular for commercial and advertising purposes.


Comes my favorite. Posters.!! Artist will create the poster off site. Paste it on site and add some final touches. I like seeing these "live". Different textures. Also, because posters are easier to remove(it does not last long..) So, nice ones are hard to come by.


Another thing I love about graffiti is. Is the surprise element. It excites me to stumble on one. I.e below. We exchanged glances when I was rushing to pack Chicken ramen from 5th street North Bedford.


Lastly. Below is a combination. Life is... Beautiful. If you believe it is. Good night.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad