Friday, April 13, 2007

Current Read(Van Gogh)


I guess I JUST like him. Don't know why. Hmmm perhaps because he shared my love for Sunflower. These yellow darlings fascinated me. Its reminds me of sunlight, happ-ness, warmth ,love and friendship. And Vincent once described it as " .. somewhat my own."
Its from this book, that I know of his first sunflower painting, " TWO CUT", 1887. Yup, he lived in that world 1880s. Snapshot of 1880s. Its the time where Edison invented the electric light bulb. Gustave-Eiffel built the Statue of Liberty in Paris and shipped it to NY. Then comes his world famous Eiffel Tower in Pasir Ris (",) I wont describe his world to be smooth-sailing, oh well who's is.. He failed in family business, he failed as a teacher, failed in love, failed in preaching @ the gospel. End, @ 27, hes nothing, suffering from depression. But ya, hes strong minded, He said "..in spite of everything, I shall rise again..be an artist"... With his brother's help (Theo) financially, he pursed his dreams.. Vincent Van Gogh ended his life in July 27 1890. Some think he planned his death in order to increase the value of his work and thereby repay his brother. Whatever his motive, I am sure he found the peace he never found on earth. Theo been devoted to Vincent, was devastated by Vincent's death and survived only 6 mth longer.Buried side by side at Auvers. To me, reading this book helps. Its when you know more about one's life, will you come to understand more about its painting and appreciate them even more. Like Van Gogh's painting, Starry Night, in the foreground, you will see a couple walking. The man, red haired, probably himself. And the partner, someone he never found in his life. May all reading this entry, find partner to walk with you and.. The Crescent Moon...