Sunday, August 19, 2007

Ayutthaya (85km from BKK, Thailand)


a-b) Ruins in Ayutthaya
Actually, whenever I blog about my travels, I tried to make it a point not to mention "usual stuff", because, who doesn’t know about that and most important, that not something I want to remember when I grow old.

Hence, Paragon and Chatuchak are just subset pls. Ayutthaya, is what I wanna to remember. Tell my grandchildren all about the place. Knew its existence through Francis's auntie. She mentioned that Thais like to spend a weekend there, cycling and visiting the temples. We decided to go have a look.
c) One of my fav pictures. Taken by Mister Yellow d)Thais we meet on train.
Take a train there. Bangkok Hualamphong Train Station. A short journey only.85 km from BKK. At the Ayutthaya station, there is couple of tours to follow. But my suggestion is, rent a bike and buy a map. Sweat it off. Ancient temples, ruins. Resembles the Angkor in Cambodia. FYI, Ayutthaya was the capital of Thai Kingdom at its mightiest.
e) Francis and Mister Yellow f) BIG BRO. I am kinda scared, to be honest.
Cool ruins, entry usually free. So you wouldn’t be spending much when you are there. Suitable for those who crash on their travel budget in Paragon. Main spending is probably coconut juice. Hot weather. O ya, I bump into a couple of elephants on the road. Haha.. Using the same road as these BIG BROS. Not a bad experience to be cycling next to them. Cool Act!

Go and see for yourself. Babes, Remember to bring your sun block along