Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Chichu Museum, Naoshima Japan

Simply going to jump right in. This is my favorite museum. It is like a dream come true to visit this place. And PQ, I can totally understand why someone would buy an annual pass. Because I will, if I am staying in that island for good. As I was telling PQ, I first know about Ando when I was visiting Paris. His meditation space, blew my mind off. It's no wonder that he's the mastermind of some of the most wonderful churches today..



For me, I like his use of lights. His concrete, the simplicity that it comes with. The entire Chichu is underground. In the inbound, apart from the exhibitions, you might catch glimpse of e sky. Nothing else. Very cool! Below is the Birdseye view of Chichu.



The only place that you get some view, is the cafe. Beautiful scene of the island coast. For me, the first thing that comes to mind when I step in- It feels like the beginning, it feels like something good. I sat there,.. For a long time.



As for the exhibitions, Monet is good. There's this Turruell; lights installation. It creates illusion, but only for a minute. I don't like it. Lastly, the sphere. I catch no balls. No photos allowed in the museum. But, I can't help it. PQ is not wrong, I could probably take this shot at Omensando Hills(By Ando too), no one can tell the difference.



Above:ME @ Chichu Museum!!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad