Thursday, September 11, 2014

Jiro Sushi TKY

I love sushi all my life. So, going to Jiro for a meal is like paying tribute. Like going to a shrine. Anyway for those who are not familiar and love sushi, do watch "Jiro Dream of Sushi". This infamous place is where PM Abe hosted Obama when he's in TKY last year.

Although I read that Jiro Junior is more laid back as compared to his father, but I can't help to feel nervous upon entering. While waiting, tea was served to me. Saw Jiro preparing his work table, somehow from his tone and body language, I left e nervous me behind. At the sushi bar, hot tea been served and Jiro told the guy that I am left handed. I haven't even pick up my chopstick ok! Tells a thing or two, isn't?

20 pcs was being served and I can be sure to say, it is the best 20 sushi in my life. I repeated Otoro, shrimp, and 2 raw sardine. Making it top 24 in my life:) When the first shrimp been served, advise is to eat the tail first, and end portion is not meant to be eaten. At this moment, Jiro took back my sushi and cut away the tail for me. Only mine, no one else. Haha. Only for ladies, maybe?



Somewhat, even when the head is peeled off, the "good stuff" remains. Has to do with the way it was cut..I like this place, beyond the food. Junior Jiro's attitude towards work and attitude towards food; something we should takeaway and applied to our own lives. Anyway, I hope I will be able to visit Senior Jiro joint, sometimes...I don't want to be greedy and say SOON.. Missing Japan already....



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad