Sunday, February 4, 2007

Mongolian Shoe BBQ ( HK)

Making custom sneakers, the concept is nothing new, you can easily do it through the respective websites. PUMA, Nike.. BUT, BUT.. There is a BBQ outlet in HK. Been there, pretty cool place, thanks to XiaoQing.

Wanted to custom make one on the spot, but.. Supposely there is a long waiting list and Darryl, the boss told me its usually one week in advance. Shitty feeling. Nevertheless, I simply refused to leave. Kapo-ing, see how others are doing it.

Stedious process, be prepared to make about 20 decisions. Ranging from colors to soles. Truly involved in the creative process. For me, what excite me most is the element of surprise. Imagine yourself recieving those shoes 5-6 weeks later (no worries, they do delievery to SIN). Wait no more, visit Darryl next time when you are in HK.
This is my fave, What yours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where at?? i wanna to go take a look.

Anonymous said...

i am back. guess who guess who???