Saturday, February 17, 2007

Thanks Angel(Cambodians' behalf )

Hahah.. Yup, that Angelina Jolie. The gal that got hold of our Prince Charming. But, well deserved I thought. One of my fav celebrITY. I love the tattoo on her waist area. When Ben and I saw that, years ago.. We were like.. MUST HAVE! Luckily we wasnt loaded then. Actually those days were sweet though. We like this Jap place, @ Cuppage. Couldnt really afford. So we starved, saved.For like 2 weeks. Then finished in 2 hrs. Yummy!! But recently, I revisited the place. Same boss, same food. Just dont taste as good. Well...... MONEY EVIL.

O back to our Angel. I loved the fact that she cares. You know, most dont. Heard from Deb, an Aust photographer, that Angel J got attention for Cambodia. Positive. So pls. Make that part of you. Feel the difference that you made. No one does things alone, so you are WANTED. I will want to go back to Cambodia and teach if I get the chance agn. I am planning. You too, should start planning. My first volunteering trip there. Know what. I so passionate about it, wanted to make a difference. But when you are into the situation, you realise how minor you are as compared to the majority of the problem. Got me really depressed. I spend a night by the lake, crying. Then thought through things. Look at how big is the problem out there, so every minor counts. And even if you cant improve all their well being instantly, but work toward it. ONE DAY, one day.. we are be able to.

Encounter with Cambodia, been a couple in 2006. Live it, in different ways. So Compare..



a) Blue Pumpkin Cafe, Strack Concept. b) Italian Food, Old Market Place. I rem there is a chill black dog there. c) Our 5 * Le Me hotel. d) Hotel Hopping.

VS



e) fishing, haha.. find him charming actually. f) Cutie is looking at a 1 USD note that we dropped. He did a honest act then. Touched me. g) Piggy. Babe? h) the small town that I went to, teaching.

No doubt, you can go there for a weekend, visit the Angkor and chill. But , if you have the time, maybe you can try going there for a voluntary mission, 5 days and spend the last two days sight seeing and chilling at Old Market. I m sure its more meaningful in that way.

Specially for my PET..
a)Pumpkin, a must go.. nice place to chill, esp after a hot day in Angkor.
b)look out for this restaurant. Chef used to be the chief chef in some stary hotel, but decided to venture out on his own.. Items ok priced, food two thumb up, so wait no more.. This is at old market place and if i didnt rem wrongly, soup dragon served good khmer food.. Stuff IT!
ALSO....
look out for BOOM BOOM music.. and and!! get my tee for me k..As many as possible.. hehehee..massage is a must... IF I DIDNT REM WRONGLY(cant stress this more), its called Island.. hmm..O visit FCC for a night drink.. perhaps for soccer or something.. Lastly, grab lots lots of cheaply priced books back. ahhah.. pirated book for sale there.. SURPRISE! O... my PET... I have got the LOnely Plan for Cambodia, so get from me if u need that.. Enjoy ur trip ..Always, my word of caution................. IF U CANT BE GOOD... AT LEAST BE SAFE.........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

two extreme !!

Anonymous said...

Wei, Cambodia nice hor.... :(

Anonymous said...

i wann to do it at 12 sharp. happy new yr , i love u!

Anonymous said...

chris, the MUST HAVE, what kind ah?

OreoLL said...

agnes.. happy new yr..

ed... I will get it from agnes. show u.. :)

OreoLL said...

mr tan, wat do u mean by REALLY ?? I dead serious abt vol wk, and swear by that.. NO DOUBT ABT IT!!!