Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Brings back memories..Fond ones..

As a kid, I am always looking forward to weekends, because my parents will bring me out for breakfast. Not early, about 10ish. But the timing was just right, for a cup of Teh-Si served in porcelain cup, while reading my Book Worm Short Stories.

Come secondary school days, we used to stay over at Din's place. Chit chat, play Mahjong, play the Singapore version of Monopoly till daybreak. Then, we will all head down and because we are the early birdies, we will have to sneak in thro the back door. My fave then was the freshly baked cream puffs.

Then, it was when I was sixteen. My first date was actually there. “Hold on to the sixteens for as long as you can...." I still remember, that day, I had half a sugee cake and fresh milk.

That the place. 204 East Coast Road, Chin Mee Chin Confectionery. How nice if I can catch my breakfast there sometime soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O I have been there. Just opp your place right?

Anonymous said...

the bill came up to $4.8.

OreoLL said...

to sher.
yup, that the one. Wei you got to pay that bakery a visit. Worth the effort man.

to bee.
yes, i rem that too. u got a choco muffin as well :)